I swear to whatever you worship, time is just flying as of late and I just realized I probably should be posting this best of list already.
I feel like I repeat myself annually by saying “there were some really good releases during the current year” as I build said list, but honestly, it is true. Bands new and old just keep me entertained and that is why I guess I keep doing this little blog here.
In the interest of time, I am keeping this year’s best of list extremely short and sweet. No links or photos this time. Just a quick list of the albums/EPs/whatever that impressed me to no end and were spun often. If you are wondering who a particular someone is, Google the hell out of them and listen.
- Big Nothing – Chris
- MakeWar – Get it Together
- Cave In – Final Transmission
- Strange Magic – Unfortunately
- Orville Peck – Pony
- Aggrolites – Dirty Reggae
- Ramona – Deals, Deals, Deals!
- Bad Religion – Age of Unreason
- Sturgill Simpson – Sound & Fury
- Pup – Morbid Stuff
- Heart Attack Man – Fake Blood
- Subhumans – Crisis Point
- More Kicks – More Kicks
- Good Riddance – Thoughts and Prayers
- Lagwagon – Railer
- Harvey Pekar – Paris Green
- Moderator – The Mosaics
- Off With Their Heads – Be Good
- Warp Lines – Human Fresh
- Teenage Bottlerocket – Stay Rad!
- Tool – Fear Inoculum
BEST EPS / 7″s
- Signals Midwest – Pin
- Charger – Charger
- Twin Temple – Satan’s A Woman
- Red Scare Industries – 15 Years of Tears and Beers
As always, thanks for checking out my site. I do this for my love of music and anyone who has the slightest interest in what I have to say.
I hate that I was not able to review every release I listed. I had every intention to, but life gets in the way more and more so I did what I could. If one person checked out a band because of what I was able to talk about, then my job is done.
Bands and labels, thanks for always considering me.