Ok so that is not entirely true. Rock lives everywhere. Rock is where the heart is? Ok, I will stop.
Now you can buy rock in Columbus, not that I know that personally or anything, but you can also rock out hardcore for a weekend thanks to Rock On The Range returning to the Columbus Crew Stadium on May 22nd and 23rd. This will be the festival’s fourth run in the center city of Ohio and the lineup caught my attention more so this year than any other year before.
When I see that Coheed & Cambria, The Deftones, Helmet, Rise Against, Mastodon, and Killswitch Engage are all playing over one weekend I immediately want to go.
Other bands appearing at the festival are Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Three Days Grace, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Slash, Papa Roach, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet For My Valentine, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Skillet, Apocalyptica, Halestorm, Airbourne, Mushroomhead, Adelitas Way, Escape the Fate, Cold, Anberlin, Nonpoint, 2Cents, Violent Soho, Janus, Shaman’s Harvest, Year Long Disaster, Taddy Porter, Like A Storm, and Noise Auction
I can tolerate some of the acts but others I just can not stand and I fear if I go I am going to be punished…
Couple other personal comments in regards to the line up:
- Who the hell are half of these bands?
- Cold is still together? So is Puddle Of Mudd?
- Five Finger Death punch is still the stupidest band name I have ever heard next to The Prisoners.
- Matt from Addicted To Vinyl (also a ROTR veteran) pointed out there is a possibility that Mushroomhead may play a bigger stage than Helmet. If that is true I will be a sad panda.
- Why no Jimmie’s Chicken Shack? While I am at it, why no Monster Voodoo Machine and are they still a band?
- Is it worth the $120 for the field general admission tickets???
- Furthermore is anyone else planning on going?
I’ll be thinking about this heavily over the next few weeks. I would hate to miss the opportunity of seeing a couple of my favorite bands but I do not know if I have it in me to sit though the whole weekend. We shall see.
If you are interested in the festival head over to Rock On The Range’s website for ticket information as well as other info in regards to the weekend rock-out.